- An ideal entry-level reflector telescope with 100mm parabolic primary mirror optics - no plastic lenses as found in some other telescopes made for beginners
- See hundreds of craters on the Moon, detail on Jupiter and other planets, even when viewing from relatively bright city locations
- A tabletop telescope big enough to find and observe objects in the night sky, but small enough to easily store in a closet or display on a desk
- Perfect reflector telescope for wide-angle, low-power viewing of the Milky Way and other deep sky objects when viewing from relatively dark skies
- Includes two 1.25 inch telescope eyepieces: 20mm (for 20 power magnification) and 10mm (for 40 power magnification), EZ Finder II aiming device, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
Details: Although perfect for beginning stargazers, this tabletop reflector telescope is not a toy! With its substantial, 100mm aperture parabolic primary mirror boasting a 400mm focal length, the compact Orion StarSeeker 100mm TableTop Reflector telescope will amaze you and your family with gorgeous, detailed views of the night sky. With this capable reflector, you can study the Moon's cratered surface in detail, exploring highland mountains and vast, planar lunar seas of dark material. Bright planets like Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars shine bright in the SkyScanner 100mm Reflector, even when viewing from urban locations with mediocre seeing conditions. On especially clear evenings when viewing from areas with dark skies, the pint-sized Orion SkyScanner telescope can gather enough light for views of open and globular star clusters, bright cloudy nebulas, and even a few distant galaxies. The SkyScanner includes two 1.25 inch eyepieces for magnification variety right out of the box. The included 20mm eyepiece provides moderate 20x power magnification, while the 10mm eyepiece boosts the view up to 40x power for higher magnification observations. Both eyepieces accept 1.25 inch Orion eyepiece filters (sold separately) so you can enhance views easily with specialty filters. An included Orion EZ Finder II reflex sight makes aiming the SkyScanner nice and easy. After a simple alignment procedure, simply place the EZ Finder II's red-dot on top of the area or object you want to see, and it will appear in the reflector telescope's field of view. The Orion SkyScanner 100mm TableTop Reflector is just the right size - large enough to see night sky objects yet compact enough to sit on a desk. Thanks to its small stature, the SkyScanner is a great grab-and-go telescope for visual adventures as close as the backyard table, or as far as your favorite remote dark sky site.
Package Dimensions: 21.2 x 12.6 x 9.7 inches