Brand: Herman Miller
Color: Black Rhythm
- INNOVATIVE ERGONOMIC DESIGN - More than 20 physicians and PhDs in the fields of biomechanics, vision, physical therapy, and ergonomics contributed their expertise to help guide the development of this chair. As a result, Embody has set a new benchmark for pressure distribution, natural alignment, and support for healthy movement in ergonomic seating.
- PIXELATED SUPPORT - You feel Embody’s Pixelated Support the moment you sit down—a sense that you are floating, yet perfectly balanced. Thanks to a dynamic matrix of pixels, Embody’s seat and back surfaces automatically conform to your body’s micro-movements, distributing your weight evenly as you sit. This reduces pressure and encourages movement, both of which are key to maintaining healthy circulation and focus.
- BACKFIT ADJUSTMENT - Embody’s back is designed like a human’s, with a central spine and flexible ribs. The Backfit adjustment allows you to position the backrest in line with your spine’s natural curve, so you achieve a neutral, balanced posture. Once the chair is tuned to fit you, the backrest adapts to your movement, adjusting automatically to your shifting positions. Whether you lean forward or recline, support remains constant.
- LAYERS OF INTELLIGENCE - The Embody seat is comprised of four different support layers—each with its own set of material properties, and each created with a different manufacturing process, all working together, orienting themselves to your shape with a degree of fidelity so high they even accommodate pockets. These layers were designed for airflow, keeping you cool and comfortable as you sit.
- FUNCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY - Form doesn’t just follow function with Embody. Function is on full display. Every part of the chair was designed to serve a very specific, healthful purpose. Embody’s technology isn’t hidden, but is instead part of its aesthetic.
Publisher: Herman Miller
Details: Specifically designed by Bill Stumpf and Jeff Weber for people who work or game in front of computers, the Embody Chair (2008) promotes good posture and makes you feel like you’re floating, providing ergonomic support while allowing you to move. Its narrow back allows you to twist and reach while its “spine” automatically adjusts to your body’s curve. In forward or reclined positions, the lumbar support stays with you. Having the freedom to move makes your body feel better, improves your blood circulation and sends more oxygen to the brain – all of which help you focus on your work.
Package Dimensions: 41.0 x 30.0 x 28.5 inches