- UNLEASH THE POWER OF YOUR SMARTPHONE: Let your iPhone or Android phone take you on a guided tour of the night sky—no telescope experience required. Just follow the arrows to locate stars, planets & more!
- PATENT-PENDING STARSENSE SKY RECOGINITION TECHNOLOGY: This one-of-a-kind scope uses your smartphone to analyze star patterns overhead and calculate its position in real time.
- APP GENERATES A LIST OF TONIGHT’S BEST OBJECTS TO VIEW: The app tells you what’s in the sky based on your exact time & location. View planets, brighter nebulae, galaxies, star clusters from the city PLUS fainter, deep sky objects from darker locations.
- EASY TO SET UP AND USE: Manual altazimuth mount with smooth, dual-axis slow-motion controls makes it easy to follow the on-screen arrows to your desired target. When the bullseye turns green, it’s ready to view in the telescope’s eyepiece.
- QUALITY 4.5” NEWTONIAN REFLECTOR: Highly reflective coatings and enough light gathering ability to view all the best celestial objects.
Details: Celestron has reinvented the manual telescope with StarSense Explorer, the first telescope that uses patent-pending sky recognition technology and your smartphone to analyze the sky and calculate its position in real time. Thanks to the app's user-friendly interface and detailed tutorials, it's like having your own personal tour guide of the night sky. Dock, Launch, Explore Leave complicated star charts, imprecise planetarium apps, and computerized mounts behind. With StarSense Explorer, locating objects has never been easier, faster, or more accurate. Within minutes, you'll be navigating the sky with confidence. Place your phone in the unique StarSense dock and launch the app. After a simple, 2-minute alignment procedure, StarSense Explorer generates a list of celestial objects currently visible. Make a selection and arrows appear onscreen, guiding you as you move the telescope. When the object is ready to view, the bullseye turns green. High Quality Optics and Altazimuth Mount With a large 114mm (4.5") objective lens, this telescope has enough light gathering ability to bring out detail in celestial objects. You can expect sharp, bright views of Jupiter's four Galilean moons, its cloud bands and Great Red Spot, the rings of Saturn, the trapezium in the Orion Nebula, and beautiful Pleaides Open Star Cluster. StarSense Explorer LT's simple altazimuth mount makes it easy to move the telescope to find your target. A slow-motion altitude adjustment knob helps you fine tune the telescope's pointing position and follow targets as they appear to drift across the night sky. It's all anchored by an adjustable, full-height tripod. The entire kit weighs just 10.4 pounds. Compatibility StarSense Explorer works with iPhone 6 and up and most devices running Android 7.1.2 or later manufactured since 2016. For a complete compatibility list, visit celestron.com/sse
Package Dimensions: 35.7 x 19.3 x 11.9 inches